Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Now isn’t this interesting.

I lost weight.

And it’s not the scale, Ian gained 5 pounds, while I lost 2.

I don’t remember the last time I lose weight. I guess my weight fluctuated a few pounds up and down in high school, but I was thin, so it wasn’t something I was obsessed with, like a lot of my friends were. Of course, since I weighed less than they did, it wasn’t really anything to obsess about! I still remember that one winter where Jeri got ‘fat’. She was like 140 pounds, and it showed, but she got back into shape really quickly, but she was miserable for that month or so. How a few years can change someone eh? She’d kill to be 140 now!

I guess, now that I think about it, I’m not all that surprised. I’m running around, doing the shopping, the house work and everything. (Okay, not RUNNING, but I’m still doing it all) Most of the food I make goes down Ian’s gullet. When he’s not eating, I’m massaging his stomach. I don’t even get to think if I’m hungry or not!

The question is: ‘Charlotte, are you happy with this?’

Even a few weeks ago, I’d be ecstatic to learn I was finally losing weight instead of blowing up. Certainly, my knees are happy that there’s a teensy bit less to carry (lets put this in perspective, 2 pounds is only .4 % of my weight!). And I do yearn to do ‘skinny things’ again.

But Ian has been eating soooo much, and I’ve been having such a great time feeding him, it really is tempting me to go back to that lifestyle. 475 pounds isn’t that far away, even 500. I mean, how many people can say they’ve been 500 pounds?

Ian says his dream is to outweigh me, why not make him work for it? He’s just gained SEVEN pounds on me. If he gains 7 pounds on me every week, he’ll be bigger than me by the fall.

Then he can have a new dream, I suppose. It’ll probably be weighing 500 pounds, of course.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?