Tuesday, July 16, 2002

So much for big changes!

Ian may be trying to eat less, but he’s not succeeding! The really funny part is, he thinks he is! Sure, dinner was a regular portion, not a super-sized-keep-it-coming meal like he’s been eating the last month, but he more than made up for it with snacks!

I was worried I wouldn’t have anything to do during the evening, but I kept his chip bowl topped up, I kept cookies on his plate and even made him one of his huge sundaes he enjoys so much. Of course, he was completely oblivious to how much he was eating. It’s not like I was exactly calling attention to it or anything. He’s just accustomed to snacking, so I let him snack.

He did make note that he felt hungry after dinner. I told him it was because he ate so little, I only refilled his plate once (versus 4 times normally). Two platefuls is what he ate before we started his ‘feedings’. That’s what I ate then too, but lately I’ve only been having one plateful. No wonder I’ve shed a couple pounds!

I suppose it will take some time for Ian’s appetite to shrink back down. Until then, I’ll make sure he’s well stocked.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?