Friday, August 30, 2002

I’m going to do it.

I’m going to update my resume this weekend and start looking for a new job. I need different challenges, and a pay raise certainly wouldn’t hurt!

I don’t know exactly what I want to do. I’d love to break into museum work, but all the places I’ve wanted to go, I couldn’t stand the people I’d have to work with! I’m just not good at working with people I can’t get along with.

Maybe I can become a full time mural artist. Do they even exist? Maybe I can do that parttime, and find something else to do parttime. Maybe I’ll go to work at a plus size shop. I could use the discount! But I’d rather not be on my feet all day.

I’d like to become a cook or chef, but I think they like people with formal training to do that stuff, and I don’t have that.

I’ll also try looking up old friends, see what they’re upto, if they know anyone hiring for anything. Any change of pace would be nice. I’m just getting sick of doing office work. I can work in an office, but it can’t be standard bureaucratic crap like I’ve been doing.

Not that I don’t like the people I work with here. Or the pay, it’s not bad. But there isn’t much of a future, I can’t sell cars. Or maybe I can. I’ll ask about that too.

Maybe I could become a mechanic in the shop, wouldn’t THAT be funny? I doubt it, I’ve never done anything mechanical. But how hard can it be to learn?

It would be fun to work with Jeri, she’s always working with different people at different places, but she’s a computer geek, and I have none of those skills. Still, maybe there’s something I could do for them. Her company is doing way good business. Maybe they need someone to decorate the offices they setup!

Oh well. Should be fun. It’s been a while since I was actively looking for work, my last few jobs were either from agencies, or I was contacted by previous employers!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?