Monday, August 12, 2002

What a difference a week makes!

I just reread my last entry, if that wasn’t a woman who needed a vacation, then I don’t know who is!

Fortunately, I have had my vacation. It’s the first time I’ve taken a week off to just do nothing.

Well, not nothing, but still, it’s my first real vacation in forever.

What Ian and I did was go up to a cottage of one of his friends from school. Well, his parents cottage. Very nice. His dad is a civil engineer, so I guess the cottage sort of HAS to be very nice, right?

It’s been a while since I went swimming in a lake, sat on a raft, just took my time. I liked it. I liked it a lot! I missed out on the waterskiing though. That’s the first time that my fat has REALLY gotten in the way in a way that bothered me. On the other hand, once the others were skiing (not Ian, of course), I wasn’t really missing it either.

It’s nice to walk around in a wooded area. It was nice driving into a nice little town. Ian loved driving the back/country roads, and I can see why.

Ian missed having his computer. I guess I sort of missed it, but only for fleeting moments, never a burning desire to get online or anything. We talked a lot, I read a lot. Nothing major in terms of books, just some old ones lying around at the cottage.

Of course, we drank a lot! That was fun, haven’t done that in a while. Felt 18 again!

We swam a lot. It’s funny, I hadn’t noticed, but I haven’t actually swam much since getting fat. My bathing suit was a size 22, I can’t even remember what I bought it for, or if I ever wore it! I bought a bikini from the internet though, I loved it, and Ian loved it too! His friends weren’t as appreciative, but screw them, I was happy. Being in the water is a much different experience at this size than it was when I was skinny. I float, a lot more easily. There is a lot more resistance in the water. It was fun, I liked it, a lot. I want to go swimming a lot more now. Maybe I can go with Amanda to a pool somewhere. Hmmm, maybe I can see Jeri in a bikini! Doubt she’ll do that until she sheds a few more pounds though.

Ahem.

Ian looked great in his ‘swimming trunks’ (he liked the elephantine connotation of ‘trunks’). His stomach is massive, and watching it hang out basically all week was a special treat. I had no idea he could look so poetic.

It was fun for the two of us to lie on the raft. It’s meant for a few people, but it’s almost completely underwater with just us on it, lol.

I enjoyed squeezing myself into Adirondack chairs. I enjoyed needing two guys to help me up. I enjoyed watching Ian needing two guys to help him up. I enjoyed the girls (many of whom I’ve never met) eyeing me in my bikini as they tried to cover up the 10 pounds they’d gained since they last saw each other. The fattest of the bunch must’ve been maybe 180, though she had 3 kids.

Ian and I had time to talk about life. What we want to do, where we want to go. As with the weight thing, I think we’ve decided to just let go. We’re not going to gain on purpose, we’re not going to lose on purpose.

I’m very happy with myself right now. Inside, outside, physically, mentally, spiritually. I’m completely relaxed, satisfied and just gonna be Charlotte.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?