Friday, September 27, 2002

What a great day!

I drove to London, so I could have a face to face interview with the people I’ll be working for. It was a formality, just to make sure that I was as good in person as I was over the phone… my job to lose in other words ;)

Well, I did get the job! I had the interview with a woman named Christine. She’s very nice, pretty cute too! Smart, and I think I have found someone I can work with, which is much harder than it sounds. We’ll see how the next few months play out, but I think that Christine and I have enough in common that there won’t be any problems. Besides, she IS a friend of Amy, so…

Of course, I haven’t seen Amy since just after Amanda was born! A lot has happened since then. We’ve talked on the phone a few times, but things never worked out that we saw each other. No big deal, our friendship is one of those ones that you can pick up after a long time of not seeing each other. Not every one is like that.

We’re not like we were in high school, but who is? She went to Western, got a business degree and works for an insurance company now. She seems to be doing very well. She’s got a boyfriend, they’ve been off and on for a couple years now. I didn’t get to meet him though. I’m sure when I move to London that will be resolved.

She actually has a 2 bedroom apartment, she had a roommate when she first moved in, but wanted more privacy 6 months ago. She’ll let me live there for a little bit while I look for my own place. I hope I’m not there too long, but it will be fun to live with her and catch up more!

I hadn’t seen her in 3 years. Yeah, we talk. Yeah, we have mutual friends. And yeah, she knew that I’d ‘gotten fat’. Of course, in high school our idea of ‘getting fat’ was when Jeri would blow up to a size 8 over winter, so she wasn’t really prepared for a 445 pound Charlotte to meet her for lunch! She’d figured I’d gotten fat like Jeri had while pregnant. To be honest, if I didn’t know better, I’d never have imagined I’d be bigger than Jeri was last time Amy saw her, I mean Jeri was over 200 pounds then, pretty huge by our standards!

Of course, Amy was worried that I’d think SHE was fat. She gained about 40 pounds while in University, and I’d guess she added about 20 pounds to that. Certainly ‘fat’ by our old standards, but 180 isn’t that fat. Hmm, I guess she was pretty round, but I thought it looked pretty good on her! Wait until she sees Ian!

I’m really excited about all this, I’ll get to quit work on Monday, then move to London in a couple weeks!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?