Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Ian informs me that he’s upto 432 pounds!

Oh, by the way, haven’t written here for a while.
Why? I moved to London! I started working at the gallery, it’s going great! Not the best art in the world, but it’s modern, it’s a lot of local artists, so it’s pretty cool.

London is a nice city. Nothing like Toronto, but more fun than Newmarket! (But unlike Newmarket, we can’t dip into Toronto for fun.) The roads are nice, there’s no traffic. Everything seems cleaner. The crowds are smaller. I wouldn’t say people are more polite, but they aren’t as antagonistic, which seems more polite.

I’m living with my friend Amy. We were pretty good friends in highschool, she was on the volleyball team with me, and we were in some of the same art and English classes together, so that’s pretty cool. Like me, she was thin in high school. Like me, she’s gained some weight. Unlike me, she’s under 200 pounds. She really was surprised to see that I’d gained weight. She was really surprised that I was dating a guy like Ian. In highschool I never would have dated a fat guy!

She remembers the last time I saw her, she came to Toronto when Amanda was born. She felt huge then, 150 pounds or so. I really bugged her about it because, Jeri not withstanding, she was the fattest of us! She was worried that I’d bug her more now that she’s closer to 180, but once she saw me… well, it would be very insincere of me to mock her weight gain. I guess she’s a victim of the old yo-yo diet, drop 20, gain thirty, that sort of thing.

Ian came up to visit on the weekend. He brought some stuff I’d forgotten, or decided I needed. Mostly kitchen stuff, Amy isn’t the culinary queen that I am, so I’m going to have to get the place sorted out. He also set up our computers so Amy and I can share the internet. Ian’s so smart with computers!

We showed Amy ICQ, and I showed her this diary. She’d never chatted online before, and never read any ‘blogs’. I think she rather enjoyed both. To those of you she chatted with, you have set an excellent example of how people who chat online are charming and fun, not creeps and losers. Well done! ((HUG))

One thing I did was cook a huuuuuuge breakfast for Ian. I’ve made bigger, but the point was there. Amy had no idea how much Ian could eat, and I love showing him off. He is still my living work of art. I miss feeding him. I miss other things about him, but we can talk on the phone, I can cuddle with pillows. But I can’t feed him!

I think he’s going to gain weight without me. I know he was slowing down, he is getting near his capacity, but now he’s eating more junk than I ever served, but still in large amounts. I think he’ll outweigh me by the end of the year.

That’s another thing I miss. His big ass scale! I want to know if I’m gaining or losing weight here! I think I’m losing, but how would I know? I’ve been pretty light on the cooking duties, trying to gauge what Amy likes and will eat. I don’t know when I’ll be back in Toronto next, but you can bet your last twinkie that I’ll be on that scale!

I’ll probably go back in early November, so I can see Amanda. I miss her more than I miss Ian. Of course, I got to see Ian on the weekend, so that’s one reason why. Back when I first moved out from Jeri’s I went a while without seeing Amanda, but this is the longest I’ve gone with out seeing her in over a year. She’ll be so different when I see her again. London has a decent children’s museum I’ve heard, I’ll have to take her there sometime soon I think.

Well, that’s about it for now.

More later, I promise!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?