Monday, October 28, 2002

So I finally put together my Hallowe’en costume!

Nothing too creative, but what’re you gonna do? I took some older clothes that I’d brought, and don’t fit, and decided to put them to the cause. I tore up an old flannel shirt I had, tied it up at my midriff. I let out a pair of blue pants I had, spattered them so they looked like jeans when I cut them off. Not the most comfortable costume in the world, but I was a hillbilly!

Friday I went out to a party with some of Amy’s friends. Met some pretty cool people. It wasn’t the most exciting party in the world, but a few people had kids, and that tends to drag you down when it comes to partying late at night! Only a few people actually wore costumes, which was a little disappointing.

Saturday was Michelle’s party. It was pretty cool to go to! More people wore costumes, though not everyone. I met some good artists, and it’s always weird meeting someone whose work you’ve studied. They’re nothing like you’ve envisioned, and in some cases it’s quite disappointing. In other cases, suddenly their art has a whole new meaning!

I met one guy, Tyrell, who does some good work with landscapes. He was completely fascinated that I’d go to a party like that with my stomach just hanging out like that! I told him all about my views on weight, he seemed to be very interested in what I was saying. I don’t know if he’s into big chicks, or just weird people, but we talked a lot over the course of the night.

I also met Michelle’s boyfriend, Tim. He’s a cool guy, older than she is. He’s very different from her, but I can see how they enjoy having the differences. I thought he might look cute with a few extra pounds!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?