Tuesday, November 05, 2002

I went back home on the weekend.

It’s kinda funny to think of it that way, but, well, it’s what I did! It felt like I’d been gone for too long, and it was only a few weeks! A lot has happened, and Ian had come to visit me, and I’ve settled and learned and just lots.

Amanda has grown. She’s so adorable, more fun each and every time I see her! She gave me a great big hug. I brought her a stuffed dog, she loved it. Jeri, conversely, seems to have shrunk! I mean she’s down a few pounds, but I guess my mental image of her gets distorted when I don’t see her for a few weeks. She also thinner than Amy, and I’m used to looking at Amy, so it’s a bit of an illusion.

Jeri gave Amy her diet tips, so maybe Amy will drop some of her weight again. She looked good when she was thin. Not that she doesn’t look good now, but the weight bugs her, and no one looks good when they’re not happy.

As for me… I thought I’d been losing weight. I haven’t been having big meals, I’ve been busy running around, I thought for SURE I’d be 440-something. Nope. Human blimp, I’m upto 456! That’s the biggest I’ve ever been. I guess I can’t feel too bad about that though, I felt good until I saw the number, nothing changed, so no big deal.

Amy was amased by the scale that Ian has. It is a big scale, not a tiny floor thing, but it’s got a platform that’s like 4 square feet and then a huge dial on a three foot pedestal. But when you’re as big as Ian, and you need to know your weight, it’s a great way to go.

I missed being home, but you know what? I realised I was happy in London. I’m doing something I want, I’m doing new things in my life, I’m meeting new people. I can always come ‘home’ to Toronto when I need it, but now I know I did the right thing in going to London!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?