Friday, December 06, 2002

Well, I lied.

I made it up to Toronto anyway.

I got off work early enough, and start today late enough that I could go, spend the night at home and then come back this morning.

We went to this Jazz club in downtown Toronto. I don’t remember the name, but it was pretty nice. I met some of the people from Nashville, some pretty cool people, I can definitely see why Ian gets along with them all.

And I did meet Kira. Wow. She is one of the tiniest people I’ve ever met! She’s maybe 5 feet tall, very thin. She looks like she might break in a stiff breeze! She’s much stronger than she seems. I mean her spirit. When you see a small asian woman, you somehow think ‘demure’. Not her! She’s not impolite or anything, just… smart and confident. It’s funny, I don’t really know any tiny asian women who are submissive, and yet I have this stereotype. Damn Hollywood!

Anyway, Kira was obviously impressed seeing Ian and I together. She asked me a tonne of questions about being fat, which, as you know, I’m more than happy to answer! I could see she has an admiration for Ian. Don’t blame her. I’m still surprised how many women find Ian attractive. It took me a while, and I know him! Oh well. Maybe it’s just sour grapes that not many men admit to finding me attractive.

Anyway, off to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?