Tuesday, January 14, 2003

I’ve never seriously ‘dieted’ before.

Yeah, in high school I didn’t eat, but that wasn’t to lose weight, just to not gain weight. This is different, actually trying to lose weight. Of course I’m not simply not eating. I know better than to just cut out food. I still need to get my nutritional and caloric requirements, or else the diet will backfire.

But, I’m not sure how dieting is supposed to ‘feel’. Am I supposed to feel hollow? Hungry? Deprived? Longing?

I wonder, not because I’m feeling these things, because I’m not. Well, I guess a little hungry, but I can wait. I’m just feeling ‘normal’. Of course, I’ve only been at it for a little bit, and I’m still having treats, just trying to cut back on them.

Hopefully I’m doing it okay, but if nothing happens in a few months I guess I’ll see a nutritionist or something.

I just need a new hobby. Maybe I’ll break out the paints again. Or… hmm… what else can I do? I could learn some stuff about my computer. Ian and Jeri seem to be fine with it, so how hard can it be?

I could learn to sew. Make my own clothes! But I don’t have a sewing machine, and I have no idea how much they cost.

Maybe I’ll take up swimming. It’s a good form of exercise, no stress on the body. I’ll have to find a place with a pool I can use.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?