Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Ah, finally a nice, long weekend!

I got to go back to Toronto and see Ian, Jeri and Amanda!

Saturday morning I made Ian one of my trademark BIG BREAKFASTS. Pancakes, bacon, sausage, juice, fruit etc. I love to cook for him, and I love watching him eat. He enjoys it so much, how can you not love it when someone you love is enjoying themselves?

For the rest of the day we were over at James and Jeri’s. I got to play with Amanda. I love playing with her, and it’s been so long since we spent any time together. She’s gotten into playing with dolls, tea parties and all that fun stuff! She tried to get me to sit on one of her little chairs. She doesn’t quite get the fact that I’m way to big for something like that! I don’t think she remembers when Jeri was too big for things like that either.

In the evening we had a bbq. James just loves having a place where he can bbq all the time! Jeri thinks he does it too often, but hey, you gotta do what you enjoy when you can, right? Ian was relatively restrained during the evening. Of course, a restrained Ian still eats what 3 normal people might eat…

Sunday brought another big breakfast for my white whale. This time I was playing around with waffles. Just the frozen type, but I put on a few different toppings: strawberry, blueberry and chocolate. Instead of lunch, we just sort of grazed for the rest of the morning. We had some bagels, some fruit, some cookies, danishes. Probably more, I didn’t keep track. I probably ate more than normal, but that’s what a long weekend is for, right? Oh. For the record I’m downto 418 pounds, while Ian is tipping the scales at 454 lbs.

In the afternoon I went out with Jeri and Amanda. Jeri was playing soccer with her friends. She’s really regained a lot of her form, I’m a little surprised! She’s still not the dynamo she was when she was younger, but she keeps up with the guys okay. To be fair, a lot of them aren’t in the shape they were a few years ago either!

I played with Amanda in the park. God it’s a lot of effort to chase her around! I totally understand why Jeri had to lose the weight. It would kill me to try to keep up with Amanda on a daily basis at this size!

Sunday night Ian and I went out for a steak dinner. I’ll never get over the attention we get, especially in restaurants. People don’t (always) mean to be rude, but they can’t help but look, I mean, when 872 lbs walks by, it’s hard to miss us!

God I miss spending time with Ian. I want to quit my job so I can be with him all the time, except I like my job, and would hate to have to get one I didn’t like. Bit of a catch-22. Hopefully something will come up soon to make us all happy.

One advantage of being apart for long times is the ‘snapshot’ effect it creates. Everytime you see someone, you get a mental image of them, and that forms your expectation of them. Well, each time I see Ian, he’s a few pounds bigger. If I saw him every day, then I’d never notice, and yet my ‘snapshot’ of Ian is still when he was about 400 pounds, so he’s much much larger than what I’m expecting each time I see him, even though I KNOW he is bigger!

It just gives me a thrill seeing how truly mountainous he has become. I have to remember, that for all his size, I was still BIGGER at one point in my life. I can only imagine how that must’ve seemed to people. Of course, my weight was distributed differently, and Ian’s taller, so who knows?

I’m really starting to feel smaller around Ian though. Being under 420 lbs is a bit of a milestone too. Hell, I’m 36 pounds smaller than he is! And the gulf is always getting bigger.

I know Ian still feels the snapshot effect. He probably has me immortalised at 460, maybe he dreams of me at 500. So when he’s next to me he feels absolutely enormous (even moreso than reality I mean). In some ways, you can see the disappointment in his eyes. He likes me big, he hates to see me ‘wasting away’. But he understands why, and at the same time he thrills that he is so big himself.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?