Monday, June 09, 2003

What have I done?

I had told Thomas about my history of making people fat: Jeri, Ian, Myself and lastly Amy. He figured that my cooking must be pretty good to have such an effect on people. (To be fair, Jeri gained weight before I started on her, Ian gained a lot of weight on his own cooking, and Amy wasn’t a bean pole when I moved in!) So he wanted to have a taste himself.

I invited him over for dinner on Sunday night. I made my chicken fettuccini al fredo. He loved it, of course. Amy was excited to have it, since I haven’t made it since we were going ‘healthy’, except when Ian’s visiting.

We got to talking, and I mentioned Elizia Volkmann, the woman who gained weight for artistic purposes. He was blown away that someone would do that, and I told him about how gaining weight has changed my perception of the world, and that people who have never done it should never speak ill of it.

He said he hadn’t thought of it that way, as he’d always been naturally thin (sound familiar?)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?