Thursday, July 03, 2003

Ah Canada Day

Gotta love a day off in the summer!

I know I’ll enjoy them more when I don’t sweat like a hog though.

But let’s back up a day. Monday night Ian and I went out with an ex-girlfriend of his, and her boyfriend. Jamie is a fitness freak who has recently discovered (through Ian) the beauty found in an overweight man.

She was actually very nice to meet. It’s been a while since I got to meet a boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, and certainly the relationships were of much less serious natures than the ones we’re in now. But there wasn’t much to worry about. Jamie was nice, and she’s certainly infatuated with her guy (Ryan), so there wasn’t much in the way of bad vibes at the table.

Ryan’s a great guy too. Smart and funny, he’s in sales, and I see why. I’d buy stuff from him! He’s a big guy, about 300 pounds I figure, so not in the league of Ian or myself. I do get the impression that Jamie is looking to get him into Ian’s size range though. I’m not sure he’s ready for that, he seemed a little overwhelmed meeting me and Ian. I do hope they find something that works for them though! I’d certainly like to spend more time with them.

Maybe Jamie can give me some fitness pointers!

Actually, I guess Jamie’s sister is a personal trainer, maybe I’ll look her up if I move back to Toronto.

Canada day was pretty good. I gave Ian another big breakfast, and we had a leisurely morning before spending the afternoon at the park with Jeri, James and Amanda. Amanda was splashing in the pool, Jeri was wearing a bikini. Damn she looks good in that! A lot of people were giving her looks, I guess she might be a little… chubby… for people to accept her like that, but that’s okay. I think she looked hot. And James certainly did too, and that’s what’s most important.

Amy seems to have had quite a good time with Thomas while I was gone. They got to have the run of the apartment without me getting in the way! They did order out a lot, but I don’t blame them. Sometimes it’s nice to just indulge.

I think Thomas is a genuine FA, and might be trying to get Amy to gain weight. I’m not sure if she will or not. It’s hard to get a read on her that way.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?