Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Story Teller

So I’ve been getting some feedback about my stories. Not much criticism, which is good, means I’m a good writer.

I’ve gotten some interesting feedback though. People wonder if the stories are based in reality, or just my imagination. The answer, of course, is both. The works are fiction, and not meant to indicate real people or events. However, that’s not to say that certain events I’ve witnessed don’t at least spark events in the story. And certainly the old adage ‘write what you know’ means that characters in the story have to do things that I’d do, or else it’s hard to know what they would do!

Because of my nature I’ve got several half written stories kicking around. I’ve decided to use this nature to my advantage, and I’ve decided to serialise one story, tentatively called Bastien and Georgia. I’ve already written four ‘chapters’ to this. I don’t plan on the episodes to be necessarily linear, and the overall picture will come out in bits and pieces. In some ways, I like this presentation, it’s more like a meal where the chef controls the pacing of the courses, using time as well as food to create a sensuous treat.

Now, I’m not a proud authour, mostly ‘cause I’m new at it! One thing I’m really having trouble with is names. If you’d like to see any specific names show up, that would help me out a lot. Until now I just look them up on baby name websites! Or if there’s anything you’d like to see written, an event, an outcome, a motive, I can give it a shot.

I am having fun with this, I love exploring new creative outlets, and since I’m not cooking much these days, nor really painting, this is it!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?