Wednesday, August 20, 2003

A Little Time Back Home

Okay, there is a very good reason why I haven’t updated in almost two weeks. I was back home in Toronto!

But doesn’t Ian have a computer you ask? Well, yes, he does, but he was playing with it and kind of broke it.

But isn’t Ian super computer nerd boy? Yes, he is, but we decided we’d rather spend time together than fixing Ian’s computer.

But didn’t I see you online? Yes, while in Toronto I was helping my friend Jerica out. I was babysitting her daughter (my god-daughter) Amanda while she was working, or going out with James.

Okay, so that’s out of the way.

It was great getting to spend a lot of time with Ian! He was still working, which left me with time to myself. I spent much of that time preparing meals, which was fun to get to do that for a few days in a row. I don’t get to prepare meals like I used to often, only if Thomas is visiting (or Ian, of course).

To list off all the food that Ian ate while I was there would be impossible, it would be like taking inventory of a grocery store! But I made his favourites, tried some new things that went over well. How successful was I?

Well, for the month of August Ian has gained 15 pounds! I think that speaks for itself.

For those keeping score, Ian’s total weight is upto 470! He’s fully 10 pounds fatter than I ever was, and he’s still going up! Ironically we never talked about ‘goals’ while I was there, but I know Ian’s long standing goal of reaching 500 pounds isn’t all that far away. Indeed, if things work out and he moves here to London, he’ll be 500 lbs by winter! Of course, my goal is for him to be twice my size, so we’ve still got a little while to go.

As for my size, I continue to shrink! I don’t feel it, but I’m 389 pounds. I’ve lost 71 pounds this year! That’s pretty incredible. It also puts me 81 pounds less than Ian. It’s not long before he’s 100 pounds more than me! I remember being 100 pounds more than he was. It wasn’t all that long ago. I love a world of change.

One weird side effect of spending time with Ian: I was really starting to feel small. After all, being 80 pounds smaller than someone (hmm, come to think of it, that was my usual weight difference with boyfriends from my slim days!) is enough to make you feel skinny. But now that I’m back home with Amy, I’m downright huge again! It’s very surreal, it makes me feel like I’ve somehow inflated, when of course that’s not true. And yet, just being home, and hell, back at work, I felt like a huge ungainly brute. Been a while since I felt that, so I guess it has to do with comparing myself to Ian.

Actually, spending time with Amanda might affect that too. She’s getting so big, but kids do that when you don’t get to see them often. I remember her being a teeny tiny little baby, now she seems like she’s halfway to being a teenage! (she’s 4)

Ah well. It was a lot of fun to go back to Toronto, and interesting that after a year I still think of that as ‘home’.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?