Monday, October 20, 2003

So what’s new since last posting?

Well, Thanksgiving came and went. I had a lot of fun. My mom and I did up a ‘traditional’ dinner back home in Toronto. Then we came back to London and I whipped up something a little more experimental for Ian, Amy and Thomas. I’d say the experiment sort of fizzled, but they ate it anyway. It’s nice to have people enjoy your failures!

In other news, Ian and I have found a place to live in. We’ll be moving in on November 1st, well, at least getting Ian’s stuff out of storage. We’ll see how liveable it is after that, though it should be okay. I love this kind of moving, where you’re already somewhere, and not in a rush to leave. Not that we plan to overstay our welcome at Amy’s. She’s been so great letting us live here! Though I know everyone is ready for a little privacy.

I guess I’ll give up posting my stories online. I haven’t heard much about them, so I guess no one cares. Ambivalence is certainly one of the things I cannot stand, so why invite it?

I don’t know how big Ian is now, but two thanksgivings certainly are showing on him! He’s getting to another ‘level’ in his weight. A ‘level’ of weight is hard to pinpoint, but it’s when someone gets to the size where there is a ‘change’. Again, it’s hard to quantify this ‘change’, but for me it’s things like: moving from normal to plus size clothing, when you start to waddle, when you realise you can’t see your feet. It’s just a new level of awareness about being fat, and I think Ian’s about to experience one.

Certainly, he’s already passed the other three, the one he hasn’t gotten to that I had to deal with was getting up. At 460 pounds, standing up was a huge deal! It’s weird how you take it for granted until one day… the way you’ve always done it doesn’t work! Sure, as I gained weight, I had to adjust my technique for standing, but once I passed, about 420, I really had to turn it around and relearn how to get to my feet! Ian’s getting to that point, I think. I can’t wait!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?