Friday, November 14, 2003

Decoration

Okay, I thought it would be fun to have an entire blank canvass to start with, but it’s not! It’s becoming a bit maddening really, we’ve been in the apartment almost 2 weeks, and I have NO CLUE what I want to do with it!

Part of the problem is I think I bit off a bit more than I should have. Instead of working on one room, I’m trying to get together an overall theme. I should stick to rooms, and work on a theme later I guess.

Another problem is that I didn’t realise I drew inspiration from what existed: fixed what was wrong, and accentuated what was right. With the apartment being new (to us), there is nothing right or wrong about it, just how I’ve arranged stuff so far. There is no starting point!

Maybe I should pick up some magazines, or watch some of those shows. Or head to Ikea.

Oooh, now that’s a thought. That’s the worst part of living in London, I can’t ‘just go to Ikea’, it’s like a 2 hour drive now! We have to make an event of it. And it’s not that we really need anything, we’ve got all the crap we need.

I just need some inspiration, and driving for 2 hours (each way) is not my idea of inspiring (Ian, of course, would drive to the end of the Earth, just for fun.)

My fall back position is to just pastel up the place. Easily painted over, but giving me a jumping off point. Then after Christmas, I can really dig in. At that point the apartment will be lived in, the things that bug me will be apparent. Also, if I try to get decorating ideas these days, I may inadvertently put too much ‘Christmas’ into the place.

Ahhhh.

I could do the whole place up like Christmas, then redo it all in January!

I’ve never really been all that into Christmas, but I’ve never had a chance to be. Not like this!

Not that I’m Christian or anything, but I can put together a good renaissance motif, that will adapt very well to being tweaked next year.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?