Thursday, November 20, 2003

Old Friends

I just had lunch with a friend from a LONG time ago.

We were in grades 5 and 6 together, before her family moved to… London! I hadn’t even thought of her in years. It didn’t occur to me to try to look her up once I was in town. Now I feel bad that I hadn’t!

It was funny, she came into the store just looking for something for Christmas for her mom. I sort of thought I kind of recognised her, but she didn’t recognise me (I was really skinny back then!), of course. When I saw her credit card, I guessed that it was her and said hi.

We ended up chatting for a bit, and then decided to just do the lunch thing.

She’s doing okay, she’s working as a supervisor at one of the call centres here in London. She has a daughter who is the same age as Amanda, which is pretty cool! She’s not married, though is still friends with her daughter’s father.

She was surprised to see how much weight I’d gained, especially without having kids. I got to go into my whole spiel about just enjoying life and embracing my love of cooking, eating and gaining. I didn’t tell her about Ian though… instead we’ve exchanged numbers, I want to see the look on her face when she sees him. I love that look on people’s faces.

I’m not sure when I’ll get to see her again, but soon I hope! If she hadn’t moved away, then she might’ve been my best friend instead of Jeri. Of course, who knows where that would have lead me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?