Monday, November 03, 2003

Wow

Quite a busy weekend we had.
We didn’t do much for Hallowe’en this year, we knew that Saturday was going to be busy, so we saved our strength. And we needed it!

Saturday we loaded all of Ian’s stuff up into a Uhaul and brought it to our new place. We got everything sorted out at the apartment, but we’ll still have to get my clothes, paints etc from Amy’s place, but she’s said there’s no hurry, so I’m sure it’ll be a month before I’m completely moved in at the new place.

I love the new apartment, we’ve got a good view, and nice clean walls for me to play with! I’ve already got some ideas for colours and some paintings I want to hang up. One room I think I’ll put up a mural. I’m a little out of practise, but once I get it finished, I might do another one in the main room. We’ll see.

One disadvantage to having a boyfriend who is massively fatter than you are: he can’t move furniture! I had to get everything sorted out while he played with his TV and computer.

We also finally dug out Ian’s scale. I was a little surprised that he’s only gained a couple of pounds over the last couple of months. But I guess with all the moving he burned a lot of calories. 477 pounds is certainly nothing to snuff at.

As for me, I was pretty hesitant to get on the scale. I was 390 last time I weighed in, and I felt like I’d been making good progress, and yet was worried that it would take forever to lose weight. I’ve been thinking I was about 375, secretly hoping I was 365, so I wasn’t prepared to see that I’m in fact 356 pounds!

I guess my diet really is working. It’s been almost a year of depriving myself, exercising, getting out and all that crap, and I’ve actually lost more than 100 pounds.

I never ever thought I’d lose 100 pounds (of course, I never, ever thought I’d weigh 460 either, so I guess that’s not all that surprising.)

So I’ll be keeping it up, this has reinvigorated me really. I’m gonna run home and not eat!

Well, something like that.

It also means that Ian is fully 100 pounds heavier than me. Actually, more than that, there’s about 120 pounds between us. Wow.

I don’t feel that much smaller than Ian, although sleeping in a queen sized bed really helped me feel smaller last night. Who knows? It’s always fun adapting as my body changes. Or adapting to Ian’s changes.

Anyway, we’ve got the new place, I’m going to get the kitchen set up, and start working on decorating it and making it HOME.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?