Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Bad Basketball

Bad Basketball

I’ve always been a very competitive person. If I do something, I have to win, have to be the best. I’m aware that some people consider this a bad trait. Hell, I sometimes consider it a bad trait. But it’s who I am, so I live with it.

As such, I’m absolutely flabbergasted that I’m playing basketball regularly. I mean, I’m terrible, I’m AWFUL. I have no athletic talent what so ever. But I’m having fun.

Everyone can dribble right around me, but I keep playing.

I have the grace of a rhino when I attempt a layup, but I keep playing.

I’m worn out completely after 5 minutes, but I keep playing.

Why?

I’m having fun!

I don’t care that I suck! The people that I play with don’t care that I suck.

Who knew I could enjoy something that I was so bad at?!

(Or is it that, deep down, I secretly know that I will regain my old form, and that I have to endure this bloated un-basketball humiliation to get there?)

In other news, Ian’s creeping towards 500 pounds, he’s up to 483 as of this morning. That’s up 2 pounds from last week, which is pretty good, but what’s better is that he’s gained at least a pound for 8 straight weeks now. No chance of him hitting 500 by his birthday, and slim chance of it by Valentine’s day, so now we’re aiming to get him to 500 by spring.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?