Friday, January 23, 2004

Full Tilt Weekend

Full Tilt Weekend

I’ve got the weekend off, Ian’s going full tilt! I’ve got a huge supply of food in the pantry, and we’re going through as much of it as we can.

To start off, I’ve got a crock pot recipe on that will be ready when he gets home. That’ll be supplemented with salad, bread and rice.

For dessert I’ve got a cheesecake in the fridge. It’s not a high quality one, but we’re after quantity this weekend, it should do!

To get Ian through the evening we’re stocked up on chips, pretzels and candy. I’m considering a second dinner at 11 PM, maybe some pizza, or perhaps pasta. I’ll see what he’s in the mood for.

After that I’ve got a tub of ice cream with his name on it. It’s vanilla, but I’ve got chocolate, cherry and maple syrups, caramel sauces, chocolate chips, coconut, sprinkles, and maraschino cherries to spice it up.

Tomorrow morning will involve pancakes, bacon, sausage, maple syrup, hashbrowns and maybe eggs (depends on how much I can get on the stove!) While I’m making breakfast, there will be muffins with cream cheese waiting for him.

I don’t know how long breakfast will take. If it’s over early, then I’ll step out for some Krispy Kremes. If not, we’ll go right into lunch: three cheese macaroni. It’s quick, it’s easy, and he’s a sucker for it!

In the afternoon I’ll be plying him with cookies mostly. We go with chewy chocolate chip, he seems to be able to put those away better than anything else. I’ve got some Oreos and Fudgee-Os on standby though.

Dinner tomorrow will be a roast, I’ll get that going early on. I’ll have to get creative with the side dishes, but I’m thinking mashed potatoes for sure, probably mixed vegetables.

Over the evening we’ll have Thomas and Amy over. I’m going to go over their menu with Thomas, but I’m leaning towards Krispy Kremes (depends if he has them earlier I suppose). I might get Thomas to pick up some stuff at the store. He’s got a pretty good imagination when it comes to snack food. We might order a few large pizzas to race them through.

Once the hockey game is over, I’m going to switch Ian over to some fruit salad. Nothing fancy, just the store bought stuff in heavy syrup. It’s been a while since we had that, but it seems like a good idea. They sell it in pretty big containers!

Sunday morning will feature Belgian waffles. Ian loves ‘em with peaches and heavy cream, so that’s what he’ll be getting.

Lunch will furnished by McDonald’s. We’ll see what inspires us when we get to the drive thru, but I’m picturing double big macs and plenty of chicken nuggets.

Afternoon snacks will be any left overs from previous snacks, if there are any.

In the evening I’m going to try a new recipe, just open the book, and make sure I’ve got the ingredients on hand. I think it’ll be chicken based, as that’s what I have on hand…

It’s a stretch to hope he can gain more than 2 pounds this week, but I’ll go down fighting!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?