Monday, January 19, 2004

Pro Sports?

Pro Sports?

I’ve never really been a fan of pro-sports. I used to play basketball and volleyball, but it was different to go out and play than to just watch. When I dated Ian I just accepted that he liked to watch hockey. Most guys do, so why fight it? I’d use that time to do something else, no big deal.

Now, I’m a fan of pro-sports. Not that I’m watching them (well, not enjoying it), but rather I’m watching Ian watch them. He just chows down on chips, treats and everything while watching! I realised that if I’m there to keep him in constant supply, he’ll eat tonnes!

And there was a lot to watch over the weekend, the Leafs were on TV a few times, and then there was football!

Amy too has learned the joys of watching sports. She never ever was into sports before, but now she’ll plant herself on the couch beside Ian and put away the chips as fast as he will. It’s pretty incredible watching them, they barely realise how much they’re eating, they focus on the game and it just becomes automatic to either be chewing, or putting something in their mouths!

Now, I’d rather be cooking a huge meal, but it doesn’t seem right to go to all that effort when they’re going to eat whatever while the games are on. Indeed, without snack type food, they might slow down. We can’t have that, can we?

I’m never surprised at how much food Ian can eat these days. It’s almost a surprise when he stops (and that’s usually because he’s simply run out of food or time, not because he’s full!) Amy, on the other hand, she is going pretty much bite for bite with the big guy. That is surprising to see. I’m not sure why it’s surprising, I guess I just never really watched her eat.

In fact, it’s been a while since I ‘checked her out’. She’s gained quite a bit of weight, even next to Ian it’s pretty obvious she is definitely ‘fat’. I’d say at least 230 pounds now. She’s still 100 lbs less than me, and half Ian’s size, but 230 pounds IS fat, right?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?