Monday, February 23, 2004

February Blahs

February Blahs

Alas, I was working on the weekend and not really in the mood to shop and cook.

Well, that’s not entirely true. I DID shop for clothes. Just not for food.

I bought a new dress at Cotton Ginny, it’s a little tight now, but that won’t last long. I can’t remember the last time I purposely bought something tight! Feels really good actually. Now I know why people yo-yo diet. Losing weight can be fun!

Ian didn’t get much eating done on the weekend anyway. He went out to test drive some cars. He really has outgrown his Neon, so it’s time for a ‘big boy’ car. He’s shown me pictures of some, and they all look weird. I don’t remember which ones he really liked, but he told me the best ones were too big for our parking garage, so he was a little disappointed he couldn’t get those ones.

There was, of course, hockey Saturday night. That meant, of course, Amy came over and, of course, they ate pizza and chips all night long. Doesn’t make up for the lack of dinner which I didn’t make, but at least someone’s on the ball when it comes to feeding my butterball.

I actually like the look his body is settling into right now. There seems to be a great ratio happening right now between his shoulders, his gut and his hips. Kind of like an anti-hourglass or something. Hard to put into words, but he’s at a profound roundness. Maybe he’s reached the proportions of Buddha? Hmmm. I’ll have to look into that. Maybe paint him gold, sit him down next to a statue, see what happens.

Part of it might be that he’s adapted to the jump in weight he went through. He carries himself a little better now that he’s used to his expanded dimensions. God he knows how to take up space with authority!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?