Thursday, February 19, 2004

Haref

Haref

I have coined a new word. Can I trademark it?

Anyway, haref is defined as a group of men associated with one woman in a polygamous relationship. Basically, the reverse of a harem. (M = male, F = female)

So why have I come up with this word? I needed a word to describe my dream from last night, and I’m not aware of a reverse equivalent of ‘harem’. (I’ll let someone else come up for words to account for gay/lesbian equivalents.)

This dream was weird, it was by far the most vivid dream I’ve had in a while. I’m sure there are a zillion ‘meanings’ that can be read into it, but ultimately, I rather liked it.

In the dream I was slender again. Not quite my old 110 lbs, a bit curvier than that. I was wearing a very nice grey skirt suit. My hair was up, and was black. I was meeting a couple of associates who were in town, I wanted to show them something. The associates were a man and woman. I don’t really remember their features beyond the man was blond, and it was the woman I had a relationship with, he was just along as her boyfriend or husband.

I brought them to my bedroom (I don’t remember if it was a house, apartment, whatever, but it WAS in downtown. Probably downtown Toronto, not London. I’m not sure London really HAS a downtown!) which was actually a secret elevator.

It descended deep into a subterranean room. It was a large, opulent room that featured many TV displays. It also contained dozens of men. My haref. Each man was absolutely gigantic, the smallest of them was at least 500 pounds. Many of them were enormous pillows of flesh, far beyond being able to get up on their own. They all sat around eating and playing video games.

Each had a supply of food at the ready (how did it get there? I’m not really sure.). Some of the men even had feeding tubes which were constantly feeding them a clear liquid of some sort.

At this point the blond man became a little panicky, and my dream actually switched to the perspective of the woman. (Perhaps the woman was really me, and the other person in the dream is someone else?) I discussed with this blond man the possibility of him joining the other men (he was in pretty good shape).

He didn’t agree, took off, and some other people dressed in trench coats began to chase him.

I’m not sure what happened next, since that’s when I woke up.

Not entirely sure what it means, but that was the coolest room I’ve ever seen! It was like a harem from the movies, very ornate, big soft pillows everywhere (some were men, some were actual pillows), lots of chiffon and lace. Just with really big men!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?