Thursday, February 12, 2004

Ian: Beneath the Fat

Ian: Beneath the Fat

The way I prattle on about Ian’s growing bulk, you’d think that’s the only thing I like about him. That’s definitely not true. It is a fact that at first I did not like him getting fat, he gained 80 pounds before I finally accepted him gaining weight!

Certainly when I met Ian he wasn’t fat, he wasn’t gaining weight, he wasn’t waddling towards 500 pounds. And he didn’t have plans to. It’s good to write about what I love about Ian.

Of course, don’t get me wrong, I am still infatuated with him gaining weight, but I’d still love him if he were still 220 pounds.

What first attracted me to Ian was his love for the round female form. He was the first guy I’d ever met who admitted he liked fat women! It’s not that I didn’t believe such men existed… but actually meeting someone like that wasn’t something I’d ever anticipated. Of course, those were the days when Jeri dwarfed me, but Ian was quite interested to learn that I had aspirations for plumpness myself.

If that had been the extent of Ian’s interest, I figure we’d have been together a few months. I’d been in plenty of relationships that were based on physical chemistry and nothing more. I’d have had fun, I’d still have gained weight, but I’d have moved on. So what else was there about Ian that kept me interested?

He’s a bright guy. Maybe not the brightest guy I’ve ever gone out with, but it gets pretty fuzzy. He can always form an opinion on something, he can always pick out important details, and he pays attention to things that I had no idea he was paying attention to. Certainly that’s why he’s good with computers, they need attention to detail.

He’s not very social. I know, that sounds sort of like a bad thing, and sometimes I almost think it is. And yet, there’s a certain open honesty too. It’s not that he’s rude. He just isn’t aware of all the social mores people are expected to follow. Or sometimes he is, and he just thinks they’re stupid, so he ignores them. I can’t really come up with a decent example. But it’s nice.

Finally, the guy has an iron will. If he sets his mind to something, then it’s set. He sees life as a challenge, and he is up to every moment of it. Where many boyfriends would back down to me, he doesn’t. He never concedes an argument unless he’s proven wrong. Fortunately, he’s smart enough to learn, so it’s easy to beat him in an argument if you’re actually right. It is incredibly… hot. He has such passion, such self belief. I love to argue with him! It’s never fighting, there’s a mutual respect, we disagree, we argue, we shout, but I don’t feel genuine conflict.

Not to say we don’t fight, we do, but it’s not the same as arguing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?