Friday, February 27, 2004

You're Eating That?

You're Eating That?

I try to be an observant person. I don’t know that I specifically am or not, but I try to notice things.

I’ve noticed that most people don’t care what I eat. But there are a few that will go out of their way to ensure that I’ve noticed that they’ve noticed what I’m eating. The funny part of this compares what I eat now versus what I ate when I was gaining weight.

When I was gaining weight there were rare, but audible, comments about how I shouldn’t be eating so much, being as fat as I was. Now that I’m eating less, there are odd comments about how I must be eating more when they’re not looking.

I don’t particularly CARE what people think about what I eat. It just seems to me that there are people who simply cannot accept that fat people should eat at all.

Check that. I do care what people think about what I eat. I like the attention. I just don’t care if the attention is good or bad! I just hate to think people are drawing conclusions about other people based on what they see me eating (or not eating).

Actually, the best part is going into McDonald’s and ordering for Ian. I can sometimes tell that people are wondering if I’ll eat it all myself. Of course, I could be ordering for a few people, they don’t know that it’s all for one person, just not me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?