Wednesday, March 10, 2004

The Ian Plateau

The Ian Plateau

Again Ian is holding steady at 495 pounds.

It looks good on him, it really does. He says it feels great, which makes me happy. I don’t know if I’d be happy at 495 pounds (I wasn’t too keen on 460), so I’m glad he can handle it so well. I’m also glad that he’s disappointed that he’s not making progress. Of course, I also feel bad that he’s not making progress, it is my job to make the guy’s food, after all.

Amy’s been doing her best to get Ian’s weight up. She brought over pizza, wings and garlic bread last night for the hockey game, and Ian definitely polished off his half. It’s a lot of fun watching her work on Ian, while at the same time gauging her own capacity. Already she can go bite for bite with Ian, with a little work, I bet she could out eat him!

It certainly shows on her too, she’s gaining weight quickly. Even compared to Ian I can see how much larger she is just over the last month. The best part is, of course, that she’s loving it. I remember when she felt awful about her weight, and now, she’s comfortable in her own skin. She reminds me a lot more of the girl I knew in high school! Except bigger.

Last night at basketball I was running. That’s right, running. Sure, I’ve taken a few quick steps before, but at best I was doing short sprints. Not last night. I actually ran up or down the court. Not back to back, of course. But there were a few times I actually got into a good place before anyone reacted! Now I just need to work on running more than a couple times.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?