Thursday, March 04, 2004

Just a couple days' worth of thoughts

Just a couple days' worth of thoughts

Well, Ian didn’t gain any weight this past week. I haven’t been spending as much time cooking as I’d like to, but I’m trying to get my mural worked out so I can start it.

The mural is bugging me, because I totally have it in my head, except when I put it on paper, there’s always SOMETHING that just isn’t right. Until I can put it on paper, I’m not putting it on the wall. This is something I have to look at, after all. It’s driving me NUTS.

This weekend Ian’s going to take me for a test drive. He’s narrowed it down to a Honda Pilot or a Nissan Murano. I think the Murano looks much nicer, but I guess we’ll see which one is more comfortable to ride in. Ian says the Pilot is better there. Since it’s his car, it’s his comfort that counts. Amy is also partial to the Pilot.

I’m down 4 pounds from last week. I was running around a lot, so that must’ve had its effect on me. I feel great with all that weight gone. I feel bad saying it, because I liked having the extra weight. But the last thing I want to do is lie about my feelings.

At basketball I’m getting better. I’ve gained an extra half step, and I’m becoming almost someone to watch out for on the floor!

Actually, after basketball something happened. I was in the locker room with a couple of the girls I play with, and some other women made a few comments. They were in that mock quiet voice, like you’re pretending to be private, but mean for someone to overhear. Just some stuff about how I could possibly show my fat ass in shorts and a tshirt like that.

I’m well beyond being bugged by comments like that. I know where they come from, and since I’m content with my body, they really don’t but me. But the did steam the girls I was with. They’re both in great shape (indeed, they probably had the same thoughts about me when I intruded on their group to play basketball!), but as my friends, they didn’t like hearing anyone say that.

So, mostly for their benefit (though I admit, I enjoyed it too), I simply went up to the other two girls (and they are like 20) to confront them. They turned away, mumbled an apology. I offered to buy them drinks, but they wouldn’t take me up on it.

Felt good.

I want to get Ian over his hump and upto 500 pounds. I know it’s only 5 pounds from where he is, no big deal. But I think he’d be happier knowing he’d broken 500. I’m still hoping to get him upto 600 pounds. He is still shooting for 550, which might work, since I’m pretty sure I’ll get to 280.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?