Thursday, April 29, 2004

I’ve finished the mural!

I’ve finished the mural!

Once I finally set things in motion, I got it finished pretty quickly. It felt good getting a goal like that accomplished, it’s been a while since I undertook a medium term endeavour. (Cooking a dinner is short term, fattening Ian is long term, and pencil sketches don’t count as anything.)

It took me about an hour to get into a groove, and just kept going from there. I’ve been doing constant touch ups, but finally forced myself to leave it be. I can see 8 zillion mistakes in it, but they’re not so bad. Once I get the room setup, I’m hoping that I’ll be able to ignore the problems.

It actually looks as good as I’d hoped. Even Ian thinks it adds a lot to the room without being overpowering. It’s tough to get the colouring right one something so large, but using light roses really helps keep it in the background, while still making it prominent at first.

Of course, the critics I’m most worried about are Michelle and Thomas. I’m not sure when I’ll invite Michelle to see it (she’s never seen any of my paintings! Just some pencil stuff). She wasn’t as hot on the concept as Thomas was. But I’d like her to see it before Thomas comes home. Then I can fix it if there’re any problems.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?