Monday, June 21, 2004

Kindred Spirits

Michelle was getting to know some new artists (new to her anyway) on the weekend, and let me tag along with them.

Met one guy who was pretty cool. He’d just finished doing a series of paintings for a pregnant woman. Basically, he did several transitionals of her at various stages of her pregnancy. It was more than that though: he did it in her back yard, so he could capture how the seasons were changing along with her. Very cool stuff.

Saturday night he showed me some of his sketches (she has the paintings), and I thought it was very cool. Reminds me of my sketches of Ian, except there’s so much more depth to his work. Mine are just a fat guy, but he’s got the whole changing world on display. He’s going to see if he can show me the actual paintings.

Anyway, I showed him some of my sketches of Ian and Amy, telling him about their transformations. He’s never heard of someone deliberately gaining like that, but he thought the idea of creating a series would be pretty cool.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?