Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The Folk Festival

Not nearly as exciting as Sun Fest, unless you’re into folk music I suppose.  I’m not.  We did pretty good sales actually, despite the weather being unpredictable.  It’s tough when you’re constantly taking down or putting up displays.  At least we knew which works to put where for maximum close up time!
 
Amy and Ian put my and Thomas’ busy time to good use:  they ate.  In many ways, it’s nice having Amy in Ian’s life.  It gives him someone to eat with.  It’s tough to explain, but much easier to indulge when you’re doing it with someone.  That little part at the back of your brain that says ‘I shouldn’t’ gets easily overridden when someone else is there.  ‘I shouldn’t… but she is, so what the heck.’
 
It puts less pressure on me to eat with him, which is good for me losing weight.  I still can’t believe how I’ve melted away, but I’m not going to argue with success.  This summer is definitely a big change from last summer!  And I feel much better than I did 2 summers ago.
 
Someone once suggested that my goal was to reach an ‘agile weight’.  I think that’s a perfect summation of my goal.  I don’t want to be ‘skinny’.  I just want to be able to get around easily.  I think I’ve definitely hit that range.  I’m not sure how much more weight I’ll lose.  I’m kind of used to my lifestyle now, so we’ll see where it goes.  If I plateau at 260, 200, whatever, I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy with it.  Of course, this is just temporary until I get pregnant!
 
What else is on my mind?
 
Not too much really.
 
Just… hoping to get pregnant soon!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?