Thursday, July 08, 2004

Lazy Ian

I hope this doesn’t come out wrong. These thoughts, on their own, might seem like a complaint. They’re 100% not. I’m just not sure I can provide enough context to paint them in the right light.

I don’t remember ever being as lazy as Ian is.

Now, when I was at my full size, I was much smaller than Ian is now. So perhaps it’s not a fair comparison. Also, people always see their contribution as more valuable than other people do, so perhaps I was that lazy, but felt like I was doing something.

So why do I say this? Running our household is pretty much my job. Of course, it’s just an apartment, so it’s not a huge deal. I do the cooking and the cleaning. The cooking is an every day thing, as is the cleaning, but the cleaning can be done in patches, one room at a day. Certainly when I was bigger and Ian was smaller we split the cleaning duties up.

I don’t really mind. Ian would do more chores if I asked him to. I let him get away with being lazy precisely because I’d rather see him gaining weight. And more activity means I’m burning more calories and losing weight quicker. It’s an ideal solution that meets our goals so perfectly.

So why bother writing this down?

Why not? It’s my diary, I’ll write whatever the hell I want.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?