Monday, August 30, 2004

Amy’s Birthday

While it’s traditional to get people drunk for their birthday in these parts, we decided to break with tradition for Amy. Instead of loading her up with alcohol, we loaded her up with calories.

All day Saturday Thomas, Michel and I were working in the kitchen, or running out to pick up treats. It was fun, working in the kitchen with Michel. I’ve never really had a sous-chef before, and he took to it quite well! After eating at my place, he certainly gained a certain perspective on what I know about Amy’s appetite, and he’s eager to learn. I even let him in on the secret I have shared with Thomas: Amy is a living, breathing (, eating) work of art.

It clicked with Michel, I think he sort of felt this already.

It’s a powerful idea, and I think it has pervaded history, that women ARE art. Except, most people simply try to CAPTURE the beauty of a woman. They don’t try to create with them. Sure, there are fashion designers, even makeup artists. I suppose plastic surgeons consider their craft to be art too. Okay, maybe we’re not unique in our views. Doesn’t make them any less enjoyable nor powerful.

I’d thought about listing what Amy had to eat, but you know what? It was our gift to her. It was probably more than she’s ever eaten, and I know she enjoyed it. So I’ll leave it at that.

We DID eventually take her out. We went to a roadhouse where she had some drinks, and a tonne of wings. We didn’t let her drink too much, I’d hate to think what happens if she gets drunk on a full stomach… some of her friends from school were there, including one she hadn’t seen in a couple years.

We all had a great time, and Amy and Ian certainly enjoyed demonstrating their ability to put back chicken wings.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?