Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The Fat is Back

Changing your lifestyle always produces some unexpected results.

Now that I’m back to overindulging, my body’s already started to adapt. Going a few hours without eating brings on the tummy rumbles, I gotta eat! Quite embarrassing at work to be helping a customer and my stomach is making its presence known.

Another consequence is my kitchen’s getting a tad disorganised. By ‘tad’ I mean it looks like a war zone. Last night I got home from work, cooked up some pork chops, asparagus and rice. It was good, there was a lot of rice to make sure Ian and I were both full. This morning, when I went into the kitchen to whip up some pancakes, all the dishes from last night were still out! Of course, what did I expect? After dinner Ian and I just sat on the couch, too stuffed to move.

Not that there’s a problem, per se, I just need to start adapting. I need to plan ahead to leave time to clean up. I need to make sure I have snacks when I can. No big deal.

There are, of course, the good parts: I missed just sitting on the couch too stuffed to move! It’s a very powerful feeling, being so in tune with your body, and your body loudly proclaiming that it wants to just rest. I missed finishing my plate, and then filling it up again, there’s a profound sense of accomplishment to be had there.

I am feeling the changes, slowly, in my body. Or maybe I just THINK I am. It’s the same thing, so why quibble? I’m getting that extra wiggle back in my step. My tummy’s getting a bit bigger again. And the roundness is filling out my face again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?