Monday, August 23, 2004

Shelley's 30th

It was good to see Shelley again. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I saw her last! She’s doing so well, working at the National Gallery. I’m so envious of her. And she knows it, lol.

It’s funny, she seems to have changed a lot, except, deep down, even though I only got to talk to her for a little bit, she’s the same she always was. That’s good though. She was always a great person. She’s more of a perfectionist than I am, except she’s more constructive than I am. She’s more than happy to help someone else achieve perfection, and let you know if you’re not.

I was worried what she’d think about my weight. She was always so fanatically fit, I wasn’t sure what she’d think about my weight, or, worse, Ian’s weight. She was curious, but that was about it. I think she may have just set it aside. Tough to tell. We just didn’t get enough time together!

If she was surprised at how I’ve changed, I was just as surprised at how she’s changed, she’s become quite large. Not like me though, but muscular. Sure, she was strong before, but she’s gotten into bodybuilding! I know a lot of people aren’t into women who are super muscular, so in some ways, I bet she has the same experiences I do. I wished so badly to have some time alone to talk with her about it!

The BBQ went pretty good. None of the people I knew could make it, but she’s got some great friends. It was an odd split, half of them were from the gallery, half were from her gym. I obviously fit into the former clique much better than the latter. Poor Ian didn’t fit in anywhere. He can talk fitness, of course, but no one’s going to listen to him about it any more!

My big regret is not going TO the museum at all. We weren’t there long enough, and I don’t know if Ian would have been up for it. Maybe I’ll run up to Ottawa myself, spend some time with Shelley and give the museum a long overdue visit. A few of her friends were great to talk with, I’d love to see them again too.

My other regret is I feel like I neglected Ian. 12 hours in the car just doesn’t suit him, and we hardly ate at all over the weekend. I should have left him behind in London to go to the Taste of London festival with Amy. He’d have liked that more, I’m sure. But if I can’t show off my new husband, what’s the point of being married?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?