Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Opportunity and Love

Shelley gave my resume to the administration at the museum. With my background, they want to interview me for an office job. I guess they want artists with office experience working in administration, which suits me just fine! It gets my foot in the door, so to speak.

Ian’s not so impressed. I never told him about it, and now they want me to head up for an interview. He’s happy in London, and not so keen on moving again. He’s got friends in Ottawa (we were just at a wedding there!), and there’s tonnes of computer places, I’m sure he’ll like it up there.

Of course, maybe I won’t get the job, and that’d be that.

You know one thing I think that signifies love? Enjoying your partner. And I mean this as literally, and on as many levels as possible. I enjoy Ian. I enjoy talking with him, I enjoy eating with him, I enjoy sleeping with him, I enjoy just sitting with him and, of course, I enjoy having sex with him. Truly, I’ve never had another partner that I enjoyed for this long. Always something would wear out. Some I could have mindblowing sex with, but couldn’t stand to talk with them. Or some who were truly fascinating, but I wasn’t comfortable being in bed with.

Of course, any partner starts out enjoyable across the board, or maybe grows to that point, and then starts to wane. To be sure, Ian and I have had ups and downs, but overall, I never find myself wishing him away. I’ve been with Ian far longer than anyone else, and I guess that means I chose well.

I do wonder if perhaps there is more. My relationship with Ian has been totally unique amongst all my relationships: he’s the first guy I’ve dated who got fat! And not just fat, but tremendously fat. Physically, he’s not the same man I met years ago. I wonder how much of THAT is what I love. The fact that he’s totally changed who he is. Will I still love him when he finally plateaus at 600 pounds? I hope so, but I don’t control my feelings do I?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?