Friday, January 28, 2005

It Begins Again!

My transformation back to fat is now well underway. Just this morning Shelley noticed that I had a bit of a waddle! Once she pointed it out, it was as clear as day to me. I never waddled at this weight before, but, I guess that’s how the fat’s gonna fall this time. I didn’t realise that I missed waddling, but now that I’m doing it, it’s like being home again.

The other changes are subtle too, but poking up from time to time. My clothes have all gotten tight, I’m moving up a size. It’s been a long time since clothes got TIGHT, another feeling that is surprisingly comforting, if not comfortable. My tummy’s getting in the way again. Just that extra little bit always takes you by surprise, but it’s been so long since there was that ‘extra little bit’, it really is surprising. I’m noticing that my chair at work fits ‘differently’.

It’s not all fun and games though. My endurance is out the window. Despite living with two fitness fanatics I’m barely lifting a finger if I’m not holding a fork! It’s been pretty much cold turkey from exercise, but I don’t miss it one bit. Sure, the weather really impacts my desire to go outside for a jog, but, whenever that was a problem in London, I wanted to get out and do SOMETHING, but here… just another excuse to snack.

Shelley and Jamie are pretty good about it. They tried to get me in the gym when I first came here, but never really pressured me. With the new weight getting to be pretty obvious, they’re barely batting an eye. Sure, Shelley noticed the waddle, but to her that’s a pretty drastic change. She ain’t seen nothing yet!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?