Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Big Weigh In

I certainly wasn’t prepared to weigh 312 pounds. Aside from the fact that I actually AM that weight, and was dealing quite well with it in the moments before I knew. It’s just one of those things that knowing seems to make a difference.

I was hoping to weigh around 300 pounds. That means if I gain 20 pounds, I’ve only got to lose 40 pounds to be at my ‘agile weight’ I’d like to be for parenting purpose. Now… if I gain 20 pounds, I’ve got to lose over 50 pounds. Certainly not an insurmountable task, but it’s still a little more than I was planning. Besides, I was counting getting to gain 40 pounds, not just 8.

Ian suggests that since I felt I was 280, and wanted to get to 300, that I might as well just gain the 20 pounds I felt like I should gain. That’s really not a bad idea, certainly I’m eating like that’s my plan!

Aside from that, I’m enjoying my down time. I’m really just hanging around my HOME. It’s been so long since I just spent time at the apartment, alone. Of course, the big downside is I’ve found a million things to change in my mural.

I’m getting to spend time out shopping when it’s not too busy, I really like that. I’m getting to take time to make fancy dinners for Ian every night. I’m really taking to this whole ‘house wife’ thing actually. I never thought I would, but, well, don’t knock something until you try it I guess.

Of course, just when I fall in love with being a homebody, I’ll be starting work on Monday.

C’est la vie.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?