Monday, March 28, 2005

Home is with your Husband

I’m back home in London. I’m so very very very very very happy!

Ian came up on Friday, we got our cars packed up, then headed to my parents place for Easter. We actually had dinner Saturday night (I made roast beef) so that we could head home on Sunday without being rushed.

Finally being home on Sunday felt very good, very right. It was like coming home from camp, I just settled right back in. The apartment was just how I left it, or so it feels. Ian did a better job of keeping it tidy than I thought he would (based on how his apartment used to be!), which has me very impressed.

Sunday night we had Thomas and Amy over for dinner. Unfortunately, with the stores being closed on Sunday, we didn’t get a chance to make a real dinner, so we just had Chinese food. It’s been a while since I really got to eat with Amy and Ian, and it was fun to be part of that again. After living with Jamie and Shelley, I’ve become used to being the big eater. I’d even deluded myself into thinking I was eating like I did in the old days. After dinner with Ian and Amy, either I’ve got a long way to go, or they’re way past what I could put away in my prime!

It was a real treat to sleep next to Ian, not having to ‘enjoy it while I can’. I can enjoy sleeping with my husband day in and day out forever.

I won’t call moving to Ottawa a mistake. If I hadn’t, I’d never be happy. Also, the feeling of COMING home is incredible, I’d never have known if I didn’t leave.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?