Thursday, April 28, 2005

Baby Time

I have wanted a child for about 6 years now.

Finally, I got my life in order, and I felt that I was ready to have a baby.

And it’s just 6 months away.

In November I’m going to have a baby boy or girl!

Over the 6 year wait for this, I’ve been excited about the prospect of being pregnant. So many changes, so many new experiences, and pregnancy is different from woman to woman. I’m guaranteed to have something that’s all mine. I’m loving it.

I’m loving it so much, I’m feeling unstoppable (well, now that I’m past throwing up every once in a while). I just have so much energy, I don’t know what to do. I’ve been working part time, so I’ve got time to hit the markets (they opened a bunch here in London while I was gone!) to find food to make for Ian. It’s fun pushing myself and him.

I can feel my body changing. It’s tough to see, already being fat, my belly’s just a bit bigger. I’m not sure how I’ll look when I’m done, but I’m patient. I know I’ll be bigger, I’m eating tonnes.

My doctor has warned me about that. But when pressed, the stats aren’t really that bad. Just a few percentage points here and there, some hearsay. The bottom line is that a happy mom is a healthy mom. This isn’t the time to change my lifestyle too radically.

Ian’s reaction has been… well… it’s not what I expected. Except, I don’t know what I expected from him. He’s very happy at the prospect of having a child. I think he also understands that means he won’t be the only #1 in my life any more. It’ll take some time for everything to settle in. He’s going to be a great daddy.

People have been asking me my plans for after the baby’s born. I’ve never been strong at long range planning. Any decision I make today is likely to be undone, or forgotten by month’s end. When the time comes, I’ll know what I want to do. Not much sense in planning something I don’t know.

Comments:
Congratulations to Char and Ian. This is great news. As a faithful reader of your journals it is a day I anticipated would come. Now you can gain weight, but be careful so you deliver a happy healthy and I am sure chubby baby. All of the best to both of you.
 
Wow! Good for you two. I wish you a healthy & happy pregnancy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?