Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Dinner for Three

At work we’ve got a couple of kids working here for the summer on their co-op from University. Because my training was a sort of specific piecemeal, I’ve actually been in training with these guys! It feels sort of weird being lumped in with them. At heart, I’d still felt like I was 20. But next to some genuine 19 year olds… I feel old!

But, we’ve gotten along quite well. I guess going to ‘class’ together does that for you. I’m heading over to their place tonight to make them dinner. They’re students, they’re guys, they have no idea how to cook, and had told me they’re already in trouble, because they haven’t gotten their first pay yet, and the tuna supply is running out.

I’m not going to give them the Ian treatment. They’re certainly not up for that! But, it’ll be good to have new people to cook for, it’ll be good to get out of the house and get to know some new people too.

So besides these two guys, there’s the guy at home who’s more than twice their size. I think that the whole pregnancy thing is a little tougher on Ian than he’s willing to admit. He seems a bit stressed, though I suppose that could be from work too. He’s busy there, so I still try to get as much done around home as I can. I’m still on part time hours, so I get time to run errands, keep the place tidy and cook the vast meals that he loves.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?