Friday, May 27, 2005

My Boys

I took my boys out dancing last night. Might as well take advantage of my designated driver status. It’s been a long time since I’ve gone out dancing without drinking. In fact, there’s a distinct possibility that I’ve never gone out and not gotten at least tipsy.

Going out in London isn’t quite the same as going to the Market in Ottawa, but it’s still a blast with the right people in the right place. Which I had.

I’m a little surprised that it’s different going out with younger guys. Or maybe the difference is not drinking, it’s tough to tell. I just felt like I was watching over them, like they were my responsibility. Sure, I always keep an eye on my friends, and make sure they’re not in trouble. But this seemed a little different.

I danced with them a bit, sat down a lot. Already getting worn out, need to keep off my feet more these days. I got some attention from a few guys there, more than a few offers to buy a drink, so either I’m not visibly pregnant, or these guys have no sense of responsibility.

I didn’t neglect Ian though. Before taking my boys out, I got my man stuffed up nice and full with bread, pasta and cheese cake. By the time I was done with him, he could hardly move! He was so busy over the long weekend that he went and lost a couple of pounds. We’ll make it up this weekend, I think. We don’t have anything planned, so it’ll just be food food and more food.

Speaking of the weekend, it was fun. We went to see Star Wars. What can you say about this movie that hasn’t been said? The movie really is a visual feast, I’d like to see it again. It’s clear that so many people worked together to bring it all to the screen. I’d love to take the time and see what these people came up with. All those backgrounds are breathtaking, and they’re not real!

Ian saw it a few more times with James and their buddies. Jeri and I hung out and ate ;-) Amanda was spending some time with her friends, so Jeri and I just relived old times, it was GREAT! Of course, I’m the preggo this time. I think Jeri loves seeing me pregnant, I wish I could spend my whole time with her, she gets it, no one else does. I love her so much and miss her.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?