Monday, August 29, 2005

Happpy XXX Birthday Amy!

Oops.

I know it seems painfully obvious now, but: I'm not 19 years old, I'm not 110 pounds, and I'm not... um... not pregnant.

I tried to have a go like I was back in university, without the alcohol or smoking, of course, on the weekend. It was Amy's 30th birthday, and we took her out in Toronto! It was a lot of fun, but Sunday was the roughest Sunday I've ever had, and that includes all the hangovers. Everything hurt, I was sick to my stomach, and I was supposed to be the one to drive home!

Saturday was nice though, when Amy was with her family, I got to visit with Jeri and Amanda. She's just growing up so fast, I really can't believe it. She was just a tiny baby, I remember. I miss that, and seeing her just made me all the more excited about having my own.

I remember back when Jeri was a 'big fat pregnosaur'. She seemed so huge then. She was, maybe 190 pounds. I think she's bigger than that now! Certainly no match for my 330 pounds. She said I looked great, I'm pretty sure she meant it. I don't get to see her enough, so I don't know her as well as I used to. I can't imagine she wouldn't mean it though.

Today's still kinda rough, I'm taking it easy at work. I'm still a bit queasy, my hips are still in pain, and my back... well, it's part of being pregnant, I'm told. A few more good nights' sleep ought to do the trick.

Tonight is going to be fun though, now that she's done her 'Toronto Birthday', she's doing her London birthday today. She's over at Michel's place, as we speak. The plan was stuff her silly all day long. I get to do dinner tonight, and I've something good in mind, hope it comes out!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?