Friday, January 06, 2006

Gainiac.

I've had this word bouncing around my brain for a while. Even considered setting up a website using it but a) it already exists. b) I have no idea how c) I'm not sure I'm up to putting in the time investment.

While this word is not new, my meaning seems to be. Right now, it has to do with electric guitars, and musicians love of 'gain'. In my mind, a gainiac is someone who enjoys weight gain!

I'm sure the words 'feedee', 'foodee', and 'gainer' pretty much cover the idea of 'gainiac'. I just like the sound of it. Combining 'gaining' with 'maniac' seems to give a slightly better picture to me. Perhaps a gainiac is a superset of the other three (who are often in combination anyway).

Perhaps 'gainiac' can also include feeders, both active and passive.

Anyway, if you have any ideas, let me know! You can be a gainiac too.

Comments:
How about foodphoria or fatphoria? I found a spot where somebody used the term foodphoria (after I thought of it independently), but I don't see either name in use as a web site.
 
Those are good words too... but I have to hand it to Char for nailing it with 'gainiac' -- at least as far as I'm concerned. Gainiacs are maniacal about weight gain. Which means they probably like food and certainly like fat, but it's the GAIN that does it for us. *raises hand* I'm a gainiac! :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?