Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A New Friend ;-)

There’s a girl I’ve passed a few times in the apartment who has a baby about the same age as Paul. We’ve exchanged knowing glances in the past, but were never going in the same direction at the same time. Until yesterday. We chatted a bit in the elevator and made a lunch date for today.

I won’t post her name, I have no idea if she reads this or not, but I won’t name her until she knows about it at least.

She’s nice, she’s a few years younger than I am, and in the same boat I am: newborn baby in a city without any family! In some ways, it’s good, you learn quickly to rely on yourself, but there are times when you’re all by yourself trying to keep everyone happy and sane and you just wonder if it’s going to happen.

In addition to being a few years younger, she’s also a few pounds smaller. Okay, more than a few pounds. If she wasn’t carrying a baby, you’d never know she had one. She’s not as skinny as I used to be, but a pretty good body double for Skinny Amy.

At lunch we talked about life with babies, we talked about politics (we agreed to disagree… I can’t scare off a friend like this yet!), we talked about London, why we’re here, what our husbands do etc.

Hopefully something will come of this, it’s nice to have someone else who knows exactly what I’m feeling.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?