Friday, January 27, 2006

A New Hobby

I'm going to need a new hobby! I've spent the entire century focusing on fattening myself or others, and that's coming to an end. Once Ian hits 600 pounds, my fattening days are over. I won't be working hard in the kitchen creating the perfect menu. I won't be making constant trips to the grocery store to make sure we're stocked up. I won't even be doing the lion's share of the housework as he'll be doing more as he becomes more able again!

I'll have free time that I haven't had in years!

I could take up painting again, though the apartment doesn't really have room for that.

Someone has suggested making clothes. An intriguing possibility. I don't know how much equipment, space or learning curve will be required there, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy.

In the mean time, I'll continue to enjoy Ian's weight. I'm really excited at the prospect of getting him to 600 pounds. He's eating so much now, I keep him going pretty much from when he gets home until he gets to bed. The weight's catching up with him quickly, though a big part of it is that he's become very inactive too. He was working his tail off before Paul was born, and now that I'm handling everything, Ian gets to be lazy again, which means his body isn't as used to moving the weight around. He doesn't mind though, he takes his time getting up and heading anywhere, but he's happy to pay the price, what he lacks in mobility, he makes up for in sensations.

These last 20 pounds or so has changed his body more than ever. His weight is accumulating differently, it's thrown off his balance, again. This time though, it's much nicer, he's actually balanced in a way that he waddles again! I enjoyed his slow elephant walk, but seeing his bulk waddling is really exciting. I think it has to do with his weight accumulating in his hips. With his waddle, he takes up a lot more space when he's walking too. He's bumping into things a lot more because his hips are wider, and he's swaying side to side a lot more. He bumps into walls in the hallway. He has to really stop and squeeze through doors. It's not exactly his size that's the problem going through doors, but rather his balance. He can't just step through the door way, so he sort of needs to rotate through it to ensure his centre of gravity passes through the doorway in such a way that his fat fits through. A living, breathing (eating) 3d puzzle...

I've had lunch with my new friend a few times. I've gotten to know a bit about her, she's nice, I think we'll get along fine. In some ways, she reminds of Amy, based on how I thought Amy would be when we were in high school. Probably just trying to fit her into a mould in my mind, though she could do worse than remind me of Amy! She hasn't met Ian yet, mostly because I don't really have the time to introduce her to Ian. Once he's on his diet, then we'll have all the time in the world.

Comments:
Its such a pleasure to see that you've reentered the world of blogging. During the last period, perhaps when you were pregnant and shortly after Paul's birth, your entries were choppy, very intermittent and almost angry. They seemed to be more along the lines of.... everyone has been bitching about me not posting anything so here's a few scraps now leave me alone.

The new friend and your search for new hobbies to deal with opens whole new avenues. I wonder if you'll reveal your activities with Ian when she meets him and sees how big he actually is and the way in which he is eating not only with your approval, but with your encouragement.

Also, thanks for your comments on my blog. I'd love to hear from Ian since his orientation is closer to mine.
 
Huge,

I wasn't bitchy because of my 'fans'. I was bitchy for many other reasons ;-)

As for frequency/quality of blogging, it has more to do with what's going on in my life. I want to keep Paul out of here. Whenever I write about someone by name, I have their permission. So my life is pretty much filled with things that I've decided not to write about.

Or, things that are repetitive ;-) (Not that I care about boring my readers, just myself. Sometimes repetition is exciting, sometimes it's not.)

Blogging is a creative outlet for me, if I have something to say, I'll say it, if not, I won't.

What could be easier?
 
I think your new friend may be a feedee in the making ( and, in the back of your mind, I know you atr thinking that too)....I think you will need to find someone to fill the void when Ian reaches 600
 
Charlotte
while you think of your new hobby, you must reflect on the moment that you guys are a near thousand pound family, due presumably to your wonderful cooking.
Nick
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?