Monday, February 20, 2006

Dinner Party

Saturday night I invited Sherry and her husband Ken to our place for dinner. She hadn’t met Ian yet, I hadn’t met Ken yet either. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to invite Amy and Thomas over too, to give it a ‘dinner party’ atmosphere. It wasn’t a ‘bad’ idea to have them over, but was a little more awkward than I expected it to be.

Turns out Ken and Thomas use the same gym! Though they don’t know each other, they did recognise one another. That left Sherry a little bit the odd person out because she really only knew me (and Ken, of course), where everyone else knew a few of the other people. Not a big deal, but it was a little awkward getting going.

The evening went pleasantly, I served up some garden salad and a roast with potatoes and veggies. Thomas and Amy had brought some starters, and Ken and Sherry brought a cheese cake for dessert. During dinner Amy and Ian were very well behaved. Okay, I was well behaved too. While there weren’t any leftovers, we really did have food for 6, maybe 8, which of course isn’t enough food for Ian and Amy normally!

Once everyone warmed up we talked about the Olympics, the weather, how long everyone had been in London etc. Sherry and I did a little mommy talking, but that left everyone out, so we kept it to a minimum. Sherry and Ken didn’t stay too late, because they had to get their little one to bed, and we had to get Paul to bed too.

Thomas and Amy DID stay on to watch Olympics. At least, that’s the official reason they stayed. The real reason they stayed was so Amy and Ian could really EAT again. We ordered some pizza and broke out the chips for the rest of the evening.

The other reason they stayed is Amy wanted to weigh in on the Green Monster. I don’t get so see Amy as much as I used to, and she’s gained some serious weight. I wasn’t prepared to find out she’s up to 451 pounds. And yet, knowing that she’s just 9 pounds less than I ever was, I took a fresh look at her and realised just how huge she’s gotten. Her belly has gotten the lion’s share of her gain lately, it shows in her waddle, it shows in how she sits, it even shows in how she eats! Her posture has completely changed, though it is subtle, to accommodate what’s becoming quite a round stomach.

She’s still no match for Ian though! His belly continues to become bigger than I’d ever thought possible. Looking at him from the right angle, you can almost imagine that he’s all belly. From other angles though, there’s some great treats From behind, you could almost believe he’s a girl. His legs have rounded out and his arms have gotten much softer which lends a feminine appearance. There are also folds of fat on his back that are pulled down by his ‘man boobs’, which really do enhance the illusion of femininity.

He’s dealing really well with his weight still, in fact, I’m still surprised he can get up, much less move around more than Amy can. If he gets a little more active, he might not need to lose as much weight as we supposed. He’s only 3 pounds away from 600!

As for myself… I’m still eating like, well, like Ian, except I don’t stop when I have to go to work! About the only time I’m slowing down is when I’m dealing with Paul, or when I’m visiting with Sherry. I swear, if it weren’t for her, I’d probably be 10 pounds bigger by now. Intellectually, I still want to be get back to 280 pounds, but the rest of me is really digging being 377 pounds. Being awkward preggo fat must’ve made me yearn for being sensual enjoy life fat. I also think that with Amy enjoying her weight so much, that I am jealous of her, and want to try it again!

Whatever it is, I eat and eat, and I’m gaining faster than Ian, which is driving him nuts, both the good ways and the bad ways.

But more the good ways.

Comments:
Hi Charlotte
I suppose one way of looking at it is that your fat is an organ that comprises two thirds of your weight.Its main function apart from shielding you from the arctic blasts of the Canadian winter, is to secrete a hormone that increases your sex drive and gives you a general feeling of well being. The idea of shrinking such an organ in half as opposed to letting it get even bigger, must indeed be a tough sell. It is rather like that religious question "how much sin can I commit and still get into heaven"

All the Best... Nick
 
Fat doesn't protect you from cold. I was as surprised as anyone to learn that!

The human body just doesn't form a blubber layer of insulation.
 
You need to start subtly fattening Sherry.......
 
Sure... 'come on over skinny girl, oh, and here's 20 doughnuts...'

Not going to happen.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?