Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Catching Up

I certainly never meant to go a month without updating my diary. I guess it’s just been the furthest thing from my mind as of late. Life has been pretty good. Paul is growing well. I am growing well. Ian is not.

Perhaps Ian’s lack of progress has kept me from writing. I’ve been very excited about trying to decide on life after Ian hits 600 pounds, so without that chance happening, there’s not much to really write about. I wonder if by focusing on what happens next, I’ve been letting him down in actually getting there. He says that I’m doing fine, he’s certainly eating as much as ever, from what I can tell.

I know I’ve been eating as much as ever, where Ian’s hovering just below 600 pounds, I’m now over 385 pounds. It’s still a far cry from Ian, Amy, or even my own highest weight, but I’m starting to get that ‘gigantic’ feeling I had when I was pregnant, and the last time I was this big. I’m enjoying it for now, so we’ll see how far I can push it before I need to get back to 280 pounds.

My plans for Ian post-600 have been pretty simple. I’ve been talking with Sherry about what would probably work the best. She’s not an expert, but she is informed, and would really like to help Ian lose weight through diet and exercise. She’s going to do some reading and talking with some people she knows to determine some routines and goals to try. She’s offered to help me out too. I’m not quite sure I want someone’s help losing weight, but it’s nice to know that the offer is there.

Amy’s weight has been going up up up too. She’s well past 450, probably around 460 by now. I don’t get to see her as much these days, she’s been busy with Thomas’s friends, and doing taxes.

She offered to do ours, and now that she’s so busy, I almost feel guilty about it (almost). Our taxes aren’t all that complicated, and Ian has said he could do them on the computer, but Amy has said that she promised to do them, so she will. Her advice has been great, saving in RSPs, RESP for Paul and managing my unemployment and Ian’s declarations to maximise everything, so she really does understand it better than me or Ian.

I don’t know how much longer she can gain for. Even though she’s smaller than Ian by total mass, they appear to be about the same size, and she doesn’t handle her weight as well as Ian does, and Ian is far from graceful! Actually, Ian does become a little more graceful the longer his weight doesn’t change. He’s not exactly cat-like these days, but he’s not quite a bull in a china shop any more either.

Comments:
To me, (probably along with many others who've been following the odysseys) it would be really cool if you'd continue to live it up at least through Canada Day. By that time, you, Ian, Amy, and Alex might well be the "One Ton Quartet" (or, as you Canucks would spell it, the "One Tonne Quartet"). As it stands now, you and Ian will be the "Half-Ton Duo" within a month.

I've found it fascinating to read and compare the blogs written by Ian, you, and Amy (the Reporter, the Poet, and the Analyst), and I will miss the observations and the phenomenal inflating numbers when you decide to quit. The five of you (including Alex and your friend who we'll call "X" because they no longer wish to be named in the blogs) have all shown the courage to buck the trend in our mutually weight-conscious societies (I'm from the States).

Each of the three of you will have a title to claim if you keep going for a short while:

Ian will (obviously) be the heaviest.

If Amy gets up above 480 or so, she'll be the fattest (measured in BMI terms). She would also become my personal definition of an SSBBW (BMI over 75).

You're the overwhelming champion in the percentage of starting weight gained. Ian started from about 220, so he's about 270% of his original weight. Amy started at about 180 ('til you moved in and quickly put 20 pounds on her), so whe'll also be about 270% of her starting weight if she gets to 480. You, on the other hand, were almost 420% of your starting weight at 460 pounds (at 390 or so, you're still over 350% of your starting weight).

I'm also guessing that your body has adapted to the weight much better than at the time of the first peak, and you may well be able to pass your previous high with less discomfort. After all, you more than quadrupled your weight in 40 months or so, if I interpret your writings correctly (I'm guessing in June of 1999 you still weighed 110 or thereabouts, and, by December 2002, you were at 460). For most of the last three years, you've been over 300, and I'll bet you've built up significant muscle and bome mass since 2002, which should make an uber-fat Char easier to handle.

Personally, I have never had the cojones to let go and enjoy myself as you and your friends have, and have often denied my apetite to stay within the expected norms. I have slowly expanded through the years, as that is tolerated. Now, however, I'm in my 50s, and too old for my body to stand up to the wild ride that I'm living vicariously through you (I have about 6" of height on you, but you have at least 75 pounds on me). A few weeks ago, inspired by your group, I ate my fill for a week; and mind you, I didn't really overstuff myself. My weight was still up eight pounds after a few days moratoium, and it's coasted up even a few more pounds since then (momentum, I guess). The most amazing part of the experience to me was that my full belly got much "bouncier" as I moved around. I think it was a combination of the increased mass within my belly, and the fact that my full belly was pushing the fat on top of it further out in front of me. It also quickly got much harder to tie my shoes (how does Ian do it?).
 
Hi Charlotte
I suppose plumpness is associated with maternal feelings of nurturing, protectiveness etc, but that is while Paul stays where you put him. Soon that will not be the case and then motherhood will become associated with speed, agility and endurance
Nick :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?