Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's Real

It's real. Ian is really starting down the path to weight loss. He's under 600 pounds for the first time since March. He's down to a positively anemic 598 pounds now.

The changes aren't just in his weight either. His spirit has changed. It's hard to say exactly how. It's not like he wasn't driven and enjoying life before. He was, and he's not enjoying life more now. At the same time, he's not enjoying life less. He's just enjoying it differently. Maybe it's like the difference between enjoying a good steak and a good cheesecake. They're both great, and you can't say which is better, but they're definitely different!

Part of it is his connection to his old life. Before he met me he was a bit of a gym rat. As we saw more and more of each other, he saw less and less of the gym until one day he was fat. I don't think he ever really meant to give that up, I certainly never asked him to, so I think that picking it up has really filled in a void that he didn't even notice. In a sense, that makes him more complete than he's ever felt before. He's happy, I'm happy, and I'm happy for him.

Comments:
Char

It sounds like you're learning how to love Ian in new and different ways as that huge oceanliner of a husband slowly shifts direction. As Sherry helps Ian to turn his gaining machine into a reducing one, how is she reacting to your continued gaining?

Its hard to believe, however, that Ian even at a relatively svelte 598 is able to do much in the way of working out apart from stationary machines. I know the heavy duty treadmills that I looked into only were rated up to about 400 or 500 pounds. Does he swim or do other low impact aerobic exercise?

Huge
 
Good questions Huge. I think the rest of us are wondering the same things. Who watches Sherry/Shelley's (Char calls her by both names in her blog) baby when she helps Ian work out? Amazing she can devote so much time to the cause.
 
Cripes, I really did call her Shelley, didn't I? Guess she reminds me of Shelley, lol.

Her husband looks after their baby when she's with Ian. I've also taken on a little extra responsiblity from time to time.

'So much time' isn't more than an hour a day, and it's not every day. She has been needing something else to focus on, and this really has been perfect for her.

Hmm. Maybe they didn't know he's going to break the treadmill. I'll let them know. The gym they use doesn't have a pool, but they're going to switch to that. She's feeling kinda silly for not considering that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?