Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What's a little weight between friends?

I had lunch with some of the girls from work. I haven't seen a few of them since I left work last fall, and I wasn't really there long enough to get too close with them, so it was nice to get together with them for lunch.

There were a few uncomfortable minutes at lunch though. I showed up a little early, and I'm a tad bigger than I was when I was last at work (and by 'tad' I mean about 50 pounds or so). They were used to me being the biggest, but were expecting me to be smaller than I was preggo. It's not such a big deal, as long time readers have noticed, I'm certainly aware that I'm fat. It was awkward though when another girl who had a baby a few months ago joined us, and everyone fell over themselves telling her how great she looked, and then realised that they'd said nothing to me. So, of course they lied about how great they thought I looked too. It's not that I mind when people realise I'm fat, but it does bug me when they get uncomfortable about it. No one wants to hang out with uncomfortable people though!

I did make the best of it though, I ate a tonne for lunch ;-) We had a good spread of appetizers, and I graciously finished them all up whenever someone asked if 'anyone wanted any more'. I'm the only one who had dessert as well. I might not like it when people are uncomfortable, and yet, I do enjoy putting them off balance from time to time...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?